Monday, 5 January 2009

Christmas in Boise

Here's the first loaf of bread made with my new breadmachine!

Me and my sister, Tausha, in my mom's kitchen. The shirt I'm wearing in the picture, I got for Christmas. It's my first "pregnant belly" shirt. Woo hoo!



That's right, I'm the one on the BOTTOM ROW sporting the green hat. Notice that my grandpa is also on the bottom, what a tough guy!


No explanation needed. HA!

Here's an update on what we did for our Christmas holiday.

On the way to Boise, we slid off the highway! Don't worry, we're fine and there was no damage to the car but it sure did give us a scare. We were going about 60 mph when we hit a patch of snow. Jon tried to change lanes but couldn't control the car so we unded up spinning across the highway and finally stopping in a large ditch of soft snow. Once we got back on to the road we ended up seeing a total of 13 accidents in a 50 mile strech, the roads were really bad!
We finally got to my dad's house safely. For the next couple of days we soaked in the hot tub, went skiing (don't worry, I sat out), cooked yummy meals, and fixed our car (my dad and Jon did, that is).

Christmas day, we packed our bags and drove 30 minutes to my mom's house. We had a large family Christmas dinner and opened gifts. The last present opened was a Wii for my cousins and immediately we hooked it up and had even my grandparents playing. We spent the last couple of days walking downtown, cooking yummy meals, and tubing (don't worry, I did NOT sit out for that).


5 comments:

Jenny Jo Jen said...

Wow Tara....you're first loaf of bread looks much, MUCH better than Colin's! Oh, and I'm glad you guys had so much fun! How are you feeling by the way?

Colin C said...

Wow that does look like a fun time. Do you get a lot of snow in Boise?

Jen....looks are not everything.

Jenny Jo Jen said...

Oh, that's just TOO easy!!!

Jenny Jo Jen said...

I agree with Gill Tara, I have one and it's awesome! They run about $30-$40 BUT it'll save you having to buy $50-$80 maternity pants! You can wear all your own stuff unbuttoned and the band holds your pants up and is really comfy!

Tara said...

So Target has a knock off of the Bella Band. I think I'm going to get a couple! Plus they have some cute maternity shirts online so I think in a couple of months I'm going to have an online shopping trip!

Colin, it did snow in Boise. Probably 7 or 8 inches but by the 26th or 27th it started melting. Meanwhile, in Utah, for the past week we've received about a foot and a half!! There is about 6 inches of pure ice on our street. Jon is sure that it's going to take a couple of months to melt.