Sunday, 18 October 2009

Universal Gillian Day


As I sit here poised on the cusp of Universal Gillian Day, I am able to reflect on who Gillian truly is and what she has come to mean in my meager existence. I say meager because truly we are all meager whilst next to a shining star such as she. Even the name Gillian has a magical siren call when ones ears are so blessed to be able to hear the lilting, melodic flow of those three syllables. Gillian, GILLIAN, Gillian, Gillian....I could go on forever! Tis truly music to my soul.

She is the one who brought us such bold sayings as "bag your face" and "neener" and who could forget the humorous "r r r" when she is being funny....which is so very often. It brings a tear to my eye to think of all the laughter that would not be in the world without our little red headed snippet.

Gillian has brazen ambitions, even marrying a Chalmers just so she could move up two letters in the alphabet (I hear they will soon be dropping the "Ch"). Her compassion for those less fortunate (like the time she told the ugly guy to bag his face...you know, to save him the shame of being ugly in public), her dedicated service to others (I can't think of anything but I'm SURE there's something) and kindness to animals (again, I'm drawing a blank) has proven her to be a lady worthy of Sainthood, up there with the likes of Mother Theresa, Ghandi and Sir Elton John.

So let us raise a glass (of juice of course) and all hail Gillian on her auspicious day. Happy 29th Gill!!!

8 comments:

Jenny Jo Jen said...

And I was holding back....hahaha

Jenny Jo Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Colin C said...

Oops, I deleted Gillian's comment, sorry. This was it:


A HA HA HA HA!!! I think I nearly gave myself a heart attack laughing so hard!

For more laughs on this wonderful day, go to www.chalmersfamily.ca... soon to be www.almersfamily.ca.

Jonny Bravo said...

Colin, why did you delete your comment?!? That was funny..... oh yeah, happy birthday Gill :)

Colin C said...

Jon, did you seen Jen's unedited post? She got me pretty good, but felt bad about it and removed it.

My comments were not justified after she edited her post, so that's why. I didn't want to appear to be too mean.

Jenny Jo Jen said...

Colin it sounds to me like you are trying to get out of being very mean to an innocent person. For shame Colin, for shame.

Jonny Bravo said...

Colin, I think Jen's on to you....

Melissa said...

Happy belated birthday Gillian!!!!! You and my sister have the same birthday, how fun. I hope you had a good one!